First pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithz

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithz

Here is a photo of my first pen. It is a slimline 24K that came with the starter kit. The wood is walnut and it is finished with Hut Crystal Coat.

Thanks for looking.

2006101214133_pen001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Keithz,
Welcome and congrats on the first pen...and a good job you did on it. I wish my first pen had looked that nice. Be sure to keep it...I still have my first pen. You can look at it in a year and see how much you've improved. This is a great place to improve technique...lots of talent on this group. Something I wish I had done: Kept a log of each pen I made recording the kit used, plating, wood, finish, and who has it now. I suppose I could start, but it wouldn't be the same as having a complete listing of each and every pen.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Dario

Very nice 1st pen Keitz! I agree...hang to that one if possible.

As mentioned, there are really great talent here...all you need to do is ask if you need help.

When you think you are ready for the mid to higher end kits, watch for group buys here. Saving 25% on those can really add up to a substantial amount fast.

Marc Phillips

Heya Keith!

Great first pen indeed...

Listen, run while you can. These guys are brutal, and now I can't pay my rent and my wife left me for a bowlturner and I had to sell my truck... but I have lots of pen blanks and kits!! [:D]

gerryr

Looks good. You may want to think about a more lasting finish, lacquer, Enduro or CA. Friction polish does not last long. You might also want to get some cigar kits, they're easier to do than slimlines. But, like others have noted, you are really better off to sell all your turning stuff now and run away, because, having made your first one, you are now hopelessly addicted. Someone should start a program for us.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom