First Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hca1961

hca1961

Finished my first pen today, a Gatsby turned from a piece of white oak from a Wild Turkey bourbon barrel. Got a lathe for Christmas, so I'm learning.:)

Attachments

• First Pen.jpg
    First Pen.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

Chris, congrat's on the new lathe....and your first pen creation. Let it be the first of many, and please share with us all here. We're cheerin' ya on brother.

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Chris !!!! . Happy New Year !!!! . and that's a nice first pen !!!!

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP from Medina, Ohio. Great first pen also!

One of my wife's Christmas presents (for HER) was a bundle of Whiskey Barrel staves. It took her 4 years, but she has a full collection of the Blanton's bottle stoppers. (None of this buying the individual stoppers, she finished the collection the old fashioned way)!

Now I get to make her a display for the stoppers and a bunch of pens.

hca1961

Welcome to IAP from Medina, Ohio. Great first pen also!

One of my wife's Christmas presents (for HER) was a bundle of Whiskey Barrel staves. It took her 4 years, but she has a full collection of the Blanton's bottle stoppers. (None of this buying the individual stoppers, she finished the collection the old fashioned way)!

Now I get to make her a display for the stoppers and a bunch of pens.

My wife makes a lot of art pieces from bourbon barrel staves and rings. My job is to dismantle the barrels for her and pressure wash the staves. Figured it was only proper that I make my first pen out of a piece of a bourbon barrel!

Marko50

Welcome to the IAP family Chris. Great job on your first! Hopefully that's the first of many, many more to be shared!

campzeke

Apparently you did not read the warning label clearly printed on the outside of the bag your kit came in. Pen turning is like smoking crack. Try it once and you are addicted. Welcome to the club. Here you will find a lot of encouragement, tricks and tips that will help plunge you deeper into addiction. Don't fight it. Jump in and enjoy the ride.

Oh .... nice pen!

Top Bottom