First one that's worthy of showing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Matt Cotton

Matt Cotton

I haven't been able to get a good pic of any of the pens that I have made before, they all came out looking like drew them with a crayon. I was finally able to take a half way decent pic of one before someone claimed it as their own. Here is a brooks blank on a Rinehart, reversed painted with spray paint first a shot of white from the centers then a quick shot of black from the ends.

Thanks for looking, any input welcome.

Attachments

• Rinehart-Brooks.jpg
    Rinehart-Brooks.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 378
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Yeah it is...truly worthy of showing! You did a fantastic job of turning and setting this pen up. I love that the attention to detail in lining everything up with the swirl markers. Really nice job!!!

SDB777

Tube painting is something I always seem to forget, never mind using two colors on a tube! Great pen with interesting colors.....and you took the time to match the swirls too(makes a big difference, at least to me)!!!!

Photo'ing a pen is more about the correct light source, rock solid tripod, and correct depth-of-field, then paying outrageous cha-ching for a high-end camera. I've shown in a topic what can be done with a cheap 3.1M Kodak camera....be hard to tell the difference between my $2K rig.

Scott (who claimed this one) B

PR_Princess

Looks great! Two color reverse painting - good idea, I don't think I've seen that before!

Don't think I can take credit for it. I am sure I have found it while I was mining for information here. Just not sure where.

Nice job on that pen Matt! Looks great! And the two color paint job adds a lot of depth, additional hue variations - and possibilities!

BTW I do remember that James Keen posted a multi color tube a while back, maybe that is the one you were thinking of??? But he used a completely different method from yours!:)

76winger

It looks like a really colorful pen. What are you using to take your photo with?

I borrowed a Nikon point and shoot. I've never been one for snapping pics so I just have a cheap Kodak easy share. Guess i need to actually spend a couple bucks and get a new camera.

Or pick up a good used one on Ebay! You can find good used DSLR's for the cost of some new point and shoots!

Top Bottom