First one piece slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Neededwill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eranox

I really like that. I've been wanting to try a one-piece slimline myself. How difficult is it to extend/retract the writing point? I have to imagine that getting a good grip on the nib might be difficult.

Great looking pen!

D.Oliver

Really like the blank choice and your curvy design. It looks like you could be a little underturned though at the nib end. I don't know your technique, but if you are relying solely on the busing to get you to finshed size this can happen sometimes. It's best to get yourself a cheap set of calipers and use them to get your final diminsions.

D.Oliver

I really like that. I've been wanting to try a one-piece slimline myself. How difficult is it to extend/retract the writing point? I have to imagine that getting a good grip on the nib might be difficult.

Great looking pen!

Dave,
Look up some of Don Wards (its_virgil) posts on one piece slimlines. He reccomends using a short length of tube (8mm I think) to make the nib easier to turn. You can also check out his website www.redriverpens.com. He has some great tutorials.

EDIT: I went and found a thread where he talks about. Check out post 3-6.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/modified-slimlines-82402/

Last edited:

Neededwill

Thanks all, I just followed the tutorial in the library. And actually the wood at the end nib is exactly smooth too the nib piece. I think the wood and pic is deceiving. Also I TBC and my ends are always smooth. But thanks for the advice of calipers that I have too.

And grabbing the nib to turn seems to be easy, my wife loved it also.

Top Bottom