First one that is not a slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USNGSCS

USNGSCS

This is my 15th or 16th pen and the first one I made that is not a slimline (or with rosewood blanks). It is a designer twist with cocobolo blanks. Admittedly, a designer twist is not that much different from a slimline, but I had a lot of fun nonetheless. Just a few light coats of CA for the finish. I was going to go for a high shine on the finish, but loved the look and the feel after only four coats.

C and C welcome! Sorry about the quality of the photo. I'll learn to take better photos once i learn to make better pens!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

This is the one with the tenon? Or is it the NT version? I've only made one with the tenon, what a pain.....

Love the timber, and your fit-n-finish is spot-on!!! Well done!!!

Scott (won't be doing too many tenons here) B

Ambidex

Very nice pen, like the fit and the finish! And the pic isn't bad, you should see my pics...glad I'm better at making pens than photography:redface:

USNGSCS

Thanks for all the kind words. This was the NT version, but next time I may up the challenge and try a tenon. I'm still kind of new at this, but having a great time with it.

OOPS

You will find that once you have the basics down, most pen styles are more similar than they are different. Practice is what gives you the confidence to try more (and more expensive) kits. Your pen is nice-- I especially like Cocobolo. Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom