First off the metal lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

Learning to use a "new" piece of equipment. I tried to model this pen off of a zebra F402 pen. Didn't quite get there. I used a different clicker that resulted in a design and clip change part way through. There wasn't enough materiel at the top between the hole down the middle and the ring on the clip. Went to a larger clip and added a "design feature" to the top of the pen. I'll need to make some changes to the design next time. Does anyone know where I can get a plain clip about 10mm across the outside of the ring? Still trying to come up with a custom pen that would work well for the troops and be durable. All comments welcome.

Attachments

• F402a.jpg
    F402a.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 318
  • F402c.jpg
    F402c.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

That looks great. Only comment I have is the outward protrusion of the clip. It would work for the Marine cammies but it might prevent the soldiers from fully inserting the pen into their sleeve pocket. That may be invalid if it fits though. Anyways, you took the past advice thread to heart and have a winner brother.

At it's widest point it's 11.5mm wide. I would like to get it down closer to 10mm. I may have to look at a different mechanism. Some of those clips in that link look interesting. Kinda have to find a different clip even in that size. That style has a bad habit of hanging up on things.

hard hat

very nice! as suggested above, Milans pens has a lot of good clips and I've ordered from them. The power clip in chrome has an outside diameter of 10mm and an inside of 7.6mm. I have a few of them at home and can see how they work with the Schmidt SKM88 click mechanism which I have come to love quickly.

Top Bottom