First Natural Finish Box Elder Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlkuehn

Banned
Well, I had every intention of bundling up some blanks tonight, but while I was sorting, my 'secret stash' kept growing, and the milled pile kept shrinking, and then somehow I ended up on the lathe, you know, 'just for a second to see how this one looks inside', and then I figured I'd better at least finish the tube off just to do some quality control checks, and then I figured I'd better check the other piece, and then since I was so close anyways...

So here's tonight's pen. It's from a diagonal cut section of one of the main branches (you can sorta see one of the slices, the pen and other blank are sitting on it), no burl, some curl, good color, couple wormholes, some spalting, no color added, just CA stabilized and CA/BLO finish.
200781653649_BoxElderFlame2_1.jpg

20078165371_BoxElderFlame2_2.jpg

200781653713_BoxElderFlame2_3.jpg

I'll have to give the old bundling shuffle another shot tomorrow again. That whole dang tree's gonna end up in my stash. Some days I think that I might have a small pack ratting problem.

I do have a couple sets made up though so I'll...oh wait, lemme look at this one again...hmmm....okay so I've got one set made up...oops...no, scratch that...

heh

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kalai

Hi Karl, nice looking pen. I have the same problem you do when it comes to wood, my private stash grows more than anything else, it is hard to let some of this curly Koa go not to mention some of the other Hawaiian woods I have, it shows we are true woodturners. Aloha.

Chris
Kalai[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom