First Modified Slims

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pastorglen

pastorglen

I'm 35 days into pen making. What fun! I've made about 10 standard slimlines and 10 Wallstreet IIs. I'd love to sell some of them, if only my family would quit snagging them when I'm not looking. :wink:

Today I found this website and got sucked into modified slimlines and kitless pens (I still have to figure out how y'all do those). I made these two modified slims in-between turning the burgers on the grill for dinner.

#1 - Walnut with Maple; Nickel Finish; CA and Turners Polish -- a little bit of a cigar pen style
index.php
1_2012_SlimlineMod1.JPG

#2 - Pennsylvania Cherry and Brazilian Cherry; Gold Finish; Tung oil & Turners Finish
index.php
1_2012_SlimlineMod4.JPG

I'd like to thank someone who has website with some instructional posts --but I can't seem to locate it again. I think his name is Russ, but I could be wrong.

Your advice and recommendations are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Glen

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Good looking pens! The possibilities are endless when you start modifying slimlines.

Welcome, from Pennsylvania!

pastorglen

Thanks for looking! Y'all have the best kept secret of fun!

A question -- without opening my very own metal lathe shop, are there other 7mm bands available that are a larger dimension that I could use for modifying slimlines?

MarkD

A question -- without opening my very own metal lathe shop, are there other 7mm bands available that are a larger dimension that I could use for modifying slimlines?
Take a look at the Penn State Trimline, Smitty also has a similar one called the Creekline. There are probably others. They use a larger centerband. I believe it's about .440" diameter.

Top Bottom