first millifiori pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Beasley

Gary Beasley

I've been doing a bit of research and got the toys together to try this out. I sat down this afternoon with the polymer clay and pasta roller and made a cane with this pattern.
After applying the slices I baked it the recommended time and temperature, but the blank was a bit softer than I anticipated. Even after giving it an hour of cool time it was not as hard as even a relatively soft polymer casting. Is this usual or do I need to modify the baking routine to get a harder result?
Because of the softness I CA coated it after I turned and sanded it with the usual micromesh finishing.

Attachments

• first-millifiori.jpg
    first-millifiori.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 378
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pioneerpens

You did a great job on that! very nice!! I can't help with the issues because I haven't attempted pc and probably never will~ but it still came out looking good despite your issues.

ctubbs

Now that is one part of pen making I plan to never get into. If I need one of the PC blanks, I'll just dig deep and make the purchase. I admire anyone that has the patience and ability to do that kind of work. Congratulations on a fine looking pen.
Charles

Top Bottom