First Majestic, in Black Ash Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikemac

mikemac

My, but this is a big pen.. I decided to make myself a personal fountain pen, and used this, just to see what the kit looked like. Definitely a hefty, manly pen. :eek:

Comments always appreciated.

majestic2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

My, but this is a big pen.. Definitely a hefty, manly pen.

It doubles nicely as a garden dibble. Or a stick shift for a 63 Jag.

Just kidding, you did a nice job with it! I've made a few, doubt I'll ever sell one. They are freakin' ENORMOUS, and I wonder how comfy something that heavy would be to write with for extended periods.

Very nice job though!

Dale

I've made a few Majestics and really like them. The pen I carry is a Majestic in Buckeye Burl but I think you've just convinced me to cut up some of my Black Ash Burl and turn another one. Very nice pen.

mikemac

Beautiful wood and nicely executed. How does the Majestic compare in size to the Statesman? I think they use similar size tubes.

I've never used a Statesman, only a Jr. Statesman, but in comparion.. it feels like a baseball bat!
I had to buy a 39/64 drill bit for the lid, and theres a fair bit of wood on it as well. Its a BIG pen... I'm still not sure I would want to use this as a daily driver, but I'm gonna give it a try.

S

spiritwoodturner

Beautiful wood and nicely executed. How does the Majestic compare in size to the Statesman? I think they use similar size tubes.

The Statesman disappears in its shadow! Not really, but the Statesman is smaller by a fair amount.

Dale

ldb2000

Beautiful pen from a beautiful piece of timber . I love Majestics and have sold several of them . They are impressive pens and with the right blanks they sell well and that looks like a right blank .

Top Bottom