First M3 and last turning for a while

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dave_M

Dave_M

Finally had the oppertunity to turn a piece of black & white M3. This is on a Platinum & Black Ti Majestic Jr. kit from PSI.

1_IMG_3697-1024.jpg

Very easy to turn using the Woodchuck Pen Pro. The M3 dulled my other turning tools pretty quick. The M3 polishes very nice. I'm heading in for a knee replacement tomorrow so no turning for me for probably 4 weeks or so. I'll still look forward to seeing everyone elses work posted on the forum while I recover.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

While the pen looks awesome, good luck on your surgery tomorrow. May the success of the surgery bring you many many more hours in front of the lathe. :)

Super Dave

Dave, Beautiful pen, it looks great with the Majestin Jr. Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Enjoy being a spectator for a while.

Dave

ctubbs

I hope and pray that your surgery turns out at least half as good as your beautiful pen. Best of luck on the new knee. Your pen is flawless.
Charles

Jgrden

Congratulations on a great looking pen.
Good luck on your new knee. Remember to do therapy as they will suggest.

bitshird

Beautiful pen Dave, glad the Woodchuck did it's job for you. and sorry to hear about the surgery, just take it easy during the recovery. That's the one thing I never could do.

Knee surgery, that is what they are telling me if the three lub shots I just got do not start making it feel better SOON. Beautiful pen and good luck with the knee, is it replacement. the replacement thing is what they told me if not better by mid Jan.

Last edited:

Dave_M

Thank you all for the compliments on my pen and for the prayers for my recovery. I love the M3 and will probably do more in the near future. Everyone who has played with this one says it's over the top in elegance & style. It's a nice addition to my collection that seems to draw people to want to see more.

Terry I did have a total knee replacement and this is actually my second one. I did the other knee two years ago. I've had authroscopic surgery and ACL repairs over the years trying to get as much mileage out of the originals as possible. Past couple months standing at the lathe was killing me so I decided it was time. The recovery process is long and brutal but the end result is worth the effort. You just need to be committed towards putting in that effort.

Knee surgery, that is what they are telling me if the three lub shots I just got do not start making it feel better SOON. Beautiful pen and good luck with the knee, is it replacement. the replacement thing is what they told me if not better by mid Jan.

PaulDoug

That is a beautiful pen. Nice work. Best wishes on your surgery. It is still amazing to me how they can now replace warn out/injured parts of the body.

Dave_M

Great looking pen, Dave!!

Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you Greg. I'm back home from the hospital. Someone should have told me I'm an idiot for thinking about getting my other knee replaced. I had a hard time remembering exactly how difficult it was but it's all coming back to me now. It's the best thing for me long term but I'm feeling a little shortsighted this morning. The first couple weeks are brutal but it will get better... eventually.

I really like how the M3 turned out. I'm getting a lot of positive feedback from people. At least until they hear my price for the pen. One of the more expensive materials I've turned for sure but I'll be turning a few more because I really like the look.

Padre

What a great pen! At first I thought the picture was in black and white, then realized it was in color. That is stunning.

My prayers are with you for a successful surgery and complete recovery.

IPD_Mrs

Dave, one of Linda's employees had her second knee done around the first week in Oct. She came back to work on the 1st of this month. She is 60+, overweight and is doing fine. This was the second knee in a years time. The key as you should well know is the P.I.T.A. therapy. You are still young like us :beat-up: and should fair quite well. I bet by the middle of Feb. you can stand for 8 hours or more at a lathe. :biggrin:

Dave_M

Thanks Mike,

Fortunately my wife is a director at a rehab hospital and a few of my friends are PTs so I'm well connected that way. Therapy won't be fun exactly but I'll get it done with a little help from my friends. With my last total knee replacement I was cleared to drive in four weeks and given the OK to ride the motorcycle in five weeks. I'll do what needs to be done so I can be done as quick as possible. I've seen what happens to people who chose to yield to the pain during their rehab and it isn't pretty. I really do appreciate the support.

Dave

Dave, one of Linda's employees had her second knee done around the first week in Oct. She came back to work on the 1st of this month. She is 60+, overweight and is doing fine. This was the second knee in a years time. The key as you should well know is the P.I.T.A. therapy. You are still young like us :beat-up: and should fair quite well. I bet by the middle of Feb. you can stand for 8 hours or more at a lathe. :biggrin:

Top Bottom