First Lotus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I turned a few new pen kits the other day. I read the review Anthony posted some time ago on this kit and decided to try it out.

I chose a red jasper Tru Stone for the body.

2006102417286_IMG_7197.jpg

20061024172839_IMG_7182.jpg

Aside from the recycled Statesman clip I like the pen, it’s a bit heavy on hardware, so that might be a differentiator for some people in deciding to either make it or purchase it.

This is the most expensive kit I have even bought but I think it will sell fine,

Funny how I always associated the name Lotus with Colin Chapman..:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jim,

I think your choice of material is excellent. But, I can't say I am wild about the kit. Too much metal at both ends, IMO.

Hope it sells GREAT for you, if so, let me know. I still think it does NOT matter how I view a pen, only how the CUSTOMER views it!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Jim,

I think your choice of material is excellent. But, I can't say I am wild about the kit. Too much metal at both ends, IMO.

Hope it sells GREAT for you, if so, let me know. I still think it does NOT matter how I view a pen, only how the CUSTOMER views it!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Ed,

I have only two of these kits, so I'll see how it goes...I am still trying to select my material for the second one, , right now I'm leaning towards an amboyna burl. I'll let you know how they sell, but I am thinking the Imperial might sell better.

PenWorks

3 goals but you got the W, that's what counts [:)]
Yes, I moved the pen store & shop into a new building Sept 1.
Stop bye when you are in town again.

Jamie

I ordered a Lotus a few days ago, haven't got it yet but now that I see yours I'm sure It'll be a great looking pen. I ordered it for a Christmas present for my wife. I hope it's not <u>too</u> heavy. I'm going to do it in bamboo, has anyone turned bamboo?
Good job and nice choice of material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom