First and last pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dougle40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougle40

Just thought I'd give you all a laugh .
The first pic is of the very first pen I ever turned . It started out as a Mont Blanc but after cutting away too much for the tenon I had to re-design the entire look of a Mont Blanc pen . It's Rosewood .
The second is the pen that I finished yesterday . Slimline from Dogwood with a Purpleheart CB .

2005126172054_First%20pen%20001%20sm.jpg

2005126171955_Dogwood%20-1%20sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodscavenger

I guess you really mean "first and most recent" pens. Unless you are planning on giving up the hobby.[:0] I get dibs on your pile of parts and blanks if you do.[:D]

Nice work on the most recent pen. I like the custom centerband.

Gregory Huey

The old saying still works! Its not how bad you mess up but how you recover. I hope that you really did'nt mean that the 2nd photo is the last one you are going to make. Ya got the hang of it now.

dougle40

I hope that you really did'nt mean that the 2nd photo is the last one you are going to make

For sure that won't be the last pen I'll turn , just a bad choice of wording for the post . So for those of you who have <b>"Dibs"</b> on my hardware , <b>SOOORRRRRY</b> !!![:D][:D][:D]

Which pen do you cherish more!? Kirk

I think that I'll always cherish the first pen the most , I may not like it as much as some of the others but I <b>WILL</b> cherish it more .[;)][:)]

opfoto

Darn it.. I was just going to put in my list. Nice work... I agree that there is a world of difference between the two. I am not sure of how long you have been turning pens... or how many pens are there in between??? Just curious. Thanks

woodscavenger

Darn! I was just about to clear out some space for all of my new toys.[;)] Seeing that post has made me rumage around to find my first pen so I can put it away for safekeeping. It's kind of like people framing their first dollar bill.

i really like the CB. I have just started doing the wood CBs. Do you have any problem with them being returned becuase they break? Do you glue them to the top section or do you let them float?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom