First Laser Engraved Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

These are called Tehachapi Triple Pens as they are made of local Tehachapi oak, made in Tehachapi and have city name of Tehachapi laser engraved on them. I have had numerous requests for this type of pen and finally had the time to do it myself using a $79 laser. I just went to the wood rack and selected a piece of oak with quarter-sawn figure and cut it to blank size. After turning and sanding sealer I burned the city and finished with BLO/CA followed by EEE polishing for a better "feel". They will sell...

10D7898F-1BDC-421A-A957-09F4EF39E9BA_zpsb7hacfgx.jpg

Yes, one was over turned.

Last edited:

OZturner

Very Nice Pens Mark,
Excellent Blanks, Nice Fit and Finish.
Over the Years, I have been more accustomed to Reviewing your Fantastic Fishing Tackle Boxes, so this is quite a change.
Excellent Engraving,
Having Grand Ideas, but a being on Seniors Pensioner Income, I am interested in hearing of your $us79 Laser, if you wouldn't mind sharing some details.
I am very Impressed with your Results.
Regards,
Brian.

magpens

Nice work !!!! . I too am interested in hearing a bit about the laser ... brand name, vendor, etc., please. . Also, how fine an engraving can it do ? . How do you compensate for the barrel curvature affecting the focus, or do you have to ?

Top Bottom