First Large Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NavyDiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyDiver

Josh and I decided to try our hand at something other than a slimline kit over the weekend. Here is the result. Mine is a Titanium Cigar out of Brazilian Cherry.

00695235911_Cigar%20-%20Brazilian%20Cherry%20small.jpg

Josh completed a Euro also using Brazilian Cherry.

200696007_Euro%20-%20Brazilian%20Cherry%20small.jpg

We are both quite pleased with the results.
Eric

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terrymiller

Eric both of them look really good what finish are you using. If you would like we could get together sometime and I can help you learn some of the other finishes that are commonly used.

NavyDiver

Thanks Terry. We are using the Hut Crystal Coat and Hut PPP wax that came in the starter kit from Woodcraft. I am definitely interested in getting together to learn more finishes.
Eric

NavyDiver

Travis,
Thanks. Our first attempt at photos was using a piece of felt for a background and that just wasn't cutting it. After looking around at all the great examples in the galleries, we decided to try a different background and use a nautical theme with our photos.

Marc Phillips

From an old Chief Boatswains mate, formerly a puddle pirate, those are great looking pens! ... for a squid [:D] KIDDING!!! [:p]

I like that warm look they have... seems to fit that wood well...

redfishsc

Now wait just a minute.

Am I sensing a copyright infringement? Let's see here. Look at his brazilian cherry cigar--- in black ti-- on a sandy-looking laminate---- on a frilly seashell nonetheless......

and my recent bloodwood cigar....in black ti---- on a sandy-looking laminate---- on a frilly seashell nonetheless... now you tell me....

bloodwood_blkti_cigar.JPG

Lol, nice pens and nice photos! The brazilian cherry looks very nice. It's a tough wood, that pen will last a good long while.

elody21

Eric, Great Job on the pens. I love the first one the best! I think Black ti is my favorite finish! Alice

NavyDiver

Redfish,
Didn't mean to steal your backdrop. We were looking for ideas and figured this would be a great use for 20 years worth of treasure picked up in sport and military diving [8D].

redfishsc

Lol, chances are I stole if from someone else who hasn't spoken up yet.

I'd love to be a diver but haven't the time or money for it at the moment. Which is disappointing b/c I live 30 mins from the ocean.

BTW, how did you like turning the b.cherry? I find it a bit splintery but otherwise a good turning wood.

NavyDiver

I've only turned one pen with it, and Josh has done one. Neither of us had any problems, but we are so new, we might not know any better [:)]. Hope to try something different today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom