First kitless: Steel, Rosewood and African Blackwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dellacott

Dellacott

I've been thinking about making this pen for a long time and finally got around to doing it. It turned out pretty well so I want to show it off! By no means is it perfect, but I definitely learned a lot while making it. Comments, questions and suggestions greatly appreciated :) Unfortunately picture quality isn't great and doesn't really show the colour of the rosewood, but I do what I can with my iphone camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I really like this pen. Like a breath of fresh air! Would like to know what materials you used. I think you did a great job making the parts come together.

Dellacott

NittanyLion, by front section do you mean the cap or where the writing tip comes out?

mredburn at the widest section it's 3/8" wide. I went with that because i happened to have 3/8" steel on me and that's also the size of my largest collet :)

dalecamino I used tool steel for any metal bits that you can see, for no other good reason than that's what I have around. The wood bits are CA glued on a piece of aluminum

OZturner

Great Pen, David,
I don't know if it is the photograph, but if it is 3/8" Dia at the widest, then what is the overall length?
It does look fairly Long and Skinny.
Love your Design and Craftsmanship.
Brian.

Dellacott

OZturner, the overall length is 5.25". I'm definitely more of a fan of slimmer pens, I find them more comfortable to use.

Bryguy, I'm using a Taig metal lathe. It works like a charm for these kinds of projects.

Thanks everybody for the comments! I'm already starting to dream up something new to make

Top Bottom