First kitless & with real diamonds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I got some diamonds and other gem stones along with a plain 14k gold band in trade for some laser work for a gold buyer who is a friend of mine. I had the local jeweler tutor me and went to work. I took a clip from a Jr. Emp. and removed the designer bar that is on the clip. Then cut and shaped the gold ring, soldered pins on the back to fit the mounting holes in the clip. I drilled holes in the bar for the diamonds and swaged them in. The jeweler was patient with me and I had to do a couple of the stones more than once. I encased an emerald in pr in the top of the cap. It just looks like a green blob, but, live and learn. The rest of the pen is carbon fiber mated to an acrylic blank. I learned a lot with this pen. The next one will be better, and probably will not have any gems. Oh ya, almost 1/2 tcw in that clip. LOML is watching it close. All comments welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• ist kitless 001.jpg
    ist kitless 001.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 385
  • ist kitless 003.jpg
    ist kitless 003.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 475
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

Wow, Gary! That's some serious custom work in one pen, nice job! The finished product looks great. That's too bad about the emerald. Looking forward to seeing your next one.

- Joe

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I admire your vision and patience. As far as I can tell the results are well worth the work (but I wasn't the one sweating over it!). I also am looking forward to version 2.0

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nicely done Gary. Stone setting is my nemisis so from first hand I can appreciate the challenges you have overcome. One day maybe for me.

Rfturner

Great job on the pen I have wanted to try real stones but lack of funds hinders me as well as I would not know where to start

Mark

Wow, that is a very nice pen. I like it the way it is. Very cool idea with the clip..

I too am looking forward to V2.

Top Bottom