First Kitless Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tdjumr

tdjumr

Here is my first kitless pen. Was entered into the freestyle contest. Too many excellent pens for mine to make the finals. Next year will be a different story..... (My sub liminal messaging in the first picture didn't work)

Birdseye Maple and Alt Ebony Custom Pen. 7mm transmission with a Parker style refill. The 7mm transmission is reversed to be used with the parker refill and spring.

Attachments

• tdjumr-freestyle_1.jpg
    tdjumr-freestyle_1.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 137
  • tdjumr-freestyle_2.jpg
    tdjumr-freestyle_2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 116
  • tdjumr-freestyle_3.jpg
    tdjumr-freestyle_3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 112
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Ahhhhhh said the blind man so I see! Still its a very nice pen and you pushed yourself to make a great pen. I think its very well done.

drgoretex

(My sub liminal messaging in the first picture didn't work)

Beautiful! That pen is surely a...winner! Hmmm...not sure why that word just popped into my head...

Seriously, that's a lovely bit of original woodwork there! Very, very nice!

Ken

MartinPens

That pen was actually my favorite of the Freestyle entries. There are pens and then there is art. That is art! That is classy work and I'd really like to see an explanation of how you accomplished it. A drawing or some photos of it taken apart would be helpful. Does it pull apart like a 7mm? to access the refill? Mostly - how do you get an all wood tip?
Martin

PaulDoug

Very unique and impressive. I like the look. Would you put a "hidden" clip on it so I know which is the nib end. Either way you point it it looks good. Nice work.

tdjumr

I'll try and get some pictures and stuff put together and post it. Guess I'll have to make another one to get the during pictures. What shame...:tongue:

But in the meantime, you do pull it apart to access the refill. The split is between the large black section and the main wood section.

That pen was actually my favorite of the Freestyle entries. There are pens and then there is art. That is art! That is classy work and I'd really like to see an explanation of how you accomplished it. A drawing or some photos of it taken apart would be helpful. Does it pull apart like a 7mm? to access the refill? Mostly - how do you get an all wood tip?
Martin

MartinPens

tdjumr said:
I'll try and get some pictures and stuff put together and post it. Guess I'll have to make another one to get the during pictures. What shame...:tongue:

But in the meantime, you do pull it apart to access the refill. The split is between the large black section and the main wood section.

A photo of it pulled apart would be great. I guess I just don't get how to do the tip. I've seen other 7mm pens on the forum without the tip hardware, but no explanations as of yet. Mainly, it's just a direction I haven't gone yet, but would like to go.
Thanks. Look forward to it.

Martin

Top Bottom