First kitless FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeinSC

MikeinSC

I've been wanting to get up with the famous Mr. Jonathon Brooks for a year or so now with the hopes of learning first hand how to make kitless pens. This past weekend, I was finally able to do just that. I was treated more graciously than I could have ever expected too.

I can't thank the Brooks family enough for allowing me into their workshop and home for the day. Their kindness, generosity and the pen making lessons learned are experiences that I won't soon forget.

I will say that no matter how many videos watched, tutorials read and pictures studied, I was never able to make sense of how it all worked. But after getting to do all the steps first hand, it makes sense now. And naturally,the bank account is shrinking yet again in the way of more tool purchases, i.e. inventory and increased abilities.

This next level of pen and blank making is where I've wanted to be from early on when I started making pens. And it's one more step deeper into the rabbit hole I go.

Thank you Jonathon.

Attachments

• IMG_3694.jpg
    IMG_3694.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 310
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

That really is a good looking pen. It looks like you have the pattern of the blank matched perfectly. And that isn't all that easy on a kitless. I also like how the section contrasts with the rest of the pen when open. Good work! :good:

MikeinSC

Thank you Jonathon.

The collets have already came in. And I have more stuff on order.

I'll be back that way again. Mr. Kobe has asked me to return for a visit.

Top Bottom