First kitless/closed end Slimline.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SamThePenMan

SamThePenMan

This is my first kitless closed end slimline pen, and the first pen I've posted in "Show Off Your Pens". In my opinion it's not as good as I was hoping it would be, and it took MUCH longer to finish then I was wanting. Partly due to when I started finishing it I had a wisdom tooth that decided it would come in, and cause me some pain for a few days, and after that I didn't feel like working on it much. Plus my finish is a few years old so not as good as it once once.

Anyway, it's made from maple and walnut. Next time I do something like this I'm going to try and make sure that both woods are the same size. The walnut was a bit smaller than the maple, which made it a little harder to put the clamps on. I used the European pen bushings as a rough guide for the middle section. Comments/questions welcome! :)

1_IMG_8533.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Bushings werent the best, the finish isnt the best, takes longer than you want, not as good as you hoped it would be... why does that always happen when you experiment? Regardless of how it came out, you did it, that's the hump. You made it over the hump, the rest is all down hill. Congrats!

ldb2000

Sam , Everyone has to start somewhere . You should see some of my first tries . You did it and that's what counts . Overall it's pretty good for a first attempt .

Top Bottom