First Jr. Retro in Rhodium

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

This is my first Jr. Retro. I ended up turning it without bushings between centers. I think I'll try and make some bushings at work today to speed up the process some. All in all it came out pretty okay.

Attachments

• jr.retro1a.jpg
    jr.retro1a.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 240
  • jr.retro1B.jpg
    jr.retro1B.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 163

BSea

The Jr Retro is one of my favorite kits. You did a great job. That's also an interesting blank. What is it? Next time you make one, you might consider a custom cap finial. They look like marbles coming out of the top of the pen.

If you don't already know, Jr Gent II Bushing will work. But be sure they are Jr Gent II & not Jr Gent I.

jjjaworski

Thanks Bob. I have seen some Jr. Retro pens with the custom end caps posted here. They do look nice and make the pen unique. I'll have to give that some thought.

I have not made any Jr Series pens to speak of. The only bushings I have are for the Jr Series. I think were meant for the Jr Gents ( which they did fit fairly well ).

I got that great blank from Classic Nib. It's an Italian Madreperlato Blank in Black Coffee. I back painted it tangerine... chuckle. I do like the look of it and ordered some extras for special pens.

Jim

BSea

The only bushings I have are for the Jr Series. I think were meant for the Jr Gents ( which they did fit fairly well ).

Jim
If by Jr Series, you mean the Jr Gent II & the Jr Statesman, then you should be good to go. But the Jr Gent I bushings are smaller, but will work with the Sedona, Baron, Orion, Rhinehart (I think), and probably a few others.

Top Bottom