First Jr Maj

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DurocShark

DurocShark

I didn't think I'd like it. I bought one of the PSI deals with the drill bits and bushings and stuff when they first listed them, and it's sat in a drawer ever since.

This morning I decided to give one a go. So I did it with some soapstone on the rhodium/black ti kit.

Now that it's in my hands, I *really* like it. I'm on the fence about the crystal, but the rest of the pen is great. Nice balance with the heavy soapstone too!

soapstonejrmaj01.jpg

soapstonejrmaj02.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

Looks nice...I am not a fan of the crystal either but after having to switch to these when CraftUSA stopped most of their ornate kits I find that many of my clients actually like the crystal

What do you like to use as a tool for turing soapstone?

randyrls

I'm on the fence about the crystal, but the rest of the pen is great.

Don; Nice. I have a request to make one like this in White Marble Trustone.

To put the finishing touch on the pen, replace the crystal with a bit of the same material as the pen is made of. I would use one of the small cutoff pieces

Lenny

I know this kit has been disparaged by many here, mostly for the pimp crystal, and I can understand that to a degree. but I like the kit myself.
as Randy mentioned, the ones I have seen where the crystal was replaced with a different material have really looked awesome!
The bottom line is ... do they sell? I think they do.

Top Bottom