First Jr. Gentlemens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sandking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandking

I recently went through the annulment process and had to have 4 witnesses write statements on my behalf. As a thank you I had purchased a few Bethlehem Olive Wood blanks and Jr. Gentlemens kits. I've finally gotten some time to get one done.

This is the first and I chose it because of the nice figure. It was difficult to turn as when I looked to cut it I noticed it had cracked almost halfway through (of course where the figure is the nicest). I loaded it with thin CA and was successful in prepping it. Every once in awhile I would put some thin CA in to make sure it was holding together. If you look close enough you can tell the spots that were cracked b/c it looks like a dark crevasse. I gueess the crack was larger on the inside or there was a void. I wasn't able to fill it with sanding dust, b/c by the time I had turned it down it was already filled with CA from when I glued it back together.

2007215165624_OLIVewood1.jpg

2007215165750_OLIVewood2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

Sand, gorgeous pen and man, do you have your finish down!!!! Don't tell anyone else about the "crack" because no one sees it but you. I find that we are so critical of ourselves and we see every flaw whereas most people don't see anything. I need to get some more BOW, I had forgotten how beautifully it flows. Anyone would be proud to own your pen![^]

sandking

Yeah, I agree we are our own worst enemy. I was trying to finish the second pen tonight and kept running into CA issues. I was rushing things and using accelorator in a cold garage. Wasted 30 minutes. Now I need to sand down and finish again. Maybe tomorrow night.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom