First Jr Gent I and First credit card pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from betwisted

betwisted

The Jr Gent is dressed in a home cast worthless wood (buckeye burl trimmings) with true blue pearlex in silmar. got the hardware from smittys and thought it was a decent deal. This is also only the 2nd FP I've done. I plan on carrying this one with me for a bit.

The credit card pen was made for a client. She had a small (similar length, but a little thinner) disposable pen for her checkbook and the ink ran out. This is also a home cast violet/ pearl white pearlex in silmar. I had the blanks made and drilled and reverse painted for a pen for a different client who at the last minute changed her mind. I held onto the blanks hoping to use them elsewhere, and it all worked out.

Anyway, thanks for checkin out my post and pens.
C&C welcome and appreciated,
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 176
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

That WW blank looks great. Any problems with the resin separating? I have a bunch of WW just waiting. Seems I have a lot of projects waiting:rolleyes:

I've done 1 of those credit card pens. My mother had to have 1 for her checkbook. She's still using it about a year later, so I guess they're not too bad. Although she doesn't write many checks anymore. I really like the blank you did for it. Even if you didn't make the blank specifically for that pen.

betwisted

Thanks for the nice comments :)
My wife said the gent reminded her of looking at a globe.

When I cast the wood in the gent the only issue I had was the wood trying to float out. I did the cast with about 75psi, and I cleaned any little loose pieces and crevices out to maximize the stickiness. It turned very well using my carbide cutters.

Thanks again,
Joe

Top Bottom