First Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nate Davey

Nate Davey

It has been quite a while since I have post or even made a pen. This would be the first Jr Gent, first Burl turned of any kind and first time using BLO on my pen finishes. I don't know what the wood is, got if free from a friend. Had some inclusions I filled with inlace. Sanded to 600 with Abranet, 3 coats Med CA with BLO 6 coats thin CA, sanded to 12k MM then Beal buffed with white diamond. Pic was taken without flash or photo tent; f8, shutter speed 2 seconds.

Comments and criticism welcomed.

Attachments

• Jr Gent Burl.jpg
    Jr Gent Burl.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Jr Gent Burl 01.jpg
    Jr Gent Burl 01.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

First off Nate, the fit and finish is spot on, very good job. The inlace fill gives just the right amount of contrast to pop. The photos are very good. Point of focus and depth of field are excellent . The lighting is soft enough to show the entire pen without washing out the contrast that shows shape. The background has variation without becoming distracting. There is just enough contrast between the background and the pen to make it stand out with falling out of the photo. Over all both the pen and photos are excellent. The one problem I do have is with the pen prop. It does distract my eye trying to figure out just what the heck it is. Maybe something without the hole. That black spot with the tube is distracting.
Charles

wizard

Nate, Very nice pen with unique variations !! Agree with Charles about the photos. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

edfarmer67

great looking pen. i also believe its buckeye burl. buckeye burl is one of my favorite burls to turn. i love this burl because you never know what it will look like till you turn it. i call the buckeye burl the ugly duckling of burls due to looking ugly till you turn it.

Top Bottom