First of it's kind PITH pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from les-smith

les-smith

This is the pen that I sent to Buzz (Chris). It's made from Redbud burl and I believe it's the first of it's kind to be pictured on the IAP. I searched on the old site and the new and was never able to find a photo of one made from Redbud burl. I made it out of Redbud burl because the Redbud is the state tree of Oklahoma. Chris lives in Australia so I sent him a little package of Oklahoma stuff that included: A Rose rock, The State of Oklahoma Quarter, and a booklet with all kinds of neat facts about Oklahoma and a few domestic US wood pen blanks. Being from Australia I thought he might find some of those things interesting. Well, he got the package and he said it was like christmas opening it up, so I'm really happy he liked it.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Redbud Burl Closed.jpg
    Redbud Burl Closed.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 331
  • Redbud Burl Open.jpg
    Redbud Burl Open.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 326
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hosspen

That is a great one! I've never seen any redbud burl either. That is a nice color too. I didn't realize that was your state tree. Great idea! BTW what is a Rose rock?

Buzz

And it was like Christmas! The Redbud burl is really nicely figured and the pen has a great finish. The extras were very much appreciated and I was very interested to learn some of Oklahoma's history. The pen blanks are in US timbers that I have never used, but have certainly admired.

Thanks again Les.

les-smith

Here's a Rose Rock

This is a Rose Rock. Specifically its a Barite Rose Rock. It's the Official State Rock of Oklahoma.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Rose.jpg
    Rose.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 207
Top Bottom