First Italian Job

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

This is an Italian "resin" from Pedigree Woodcraft. This one is called Burgundy. As a blank it was extremely dark and very opaque. Obviously it loses some of that when you turn it. It smelled just like the Berea and CSUSA acrylics, although to me it seemed harder. One thing that does seem different is that it doesn't clog up the sandpaper. It was almost like sanding wood. Polished up really well. I still have to make a matching ballpoint and pencil for this rhodium Jr. Gent. Was it worth the money? No, there are other acrylics that are quite similar in color and a whole lot cheaper. Some of the other blanks I got from Pedigree might be worth the price, but it will be a while before I get to them.

200762714944_PICT0262.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Originally posted by DKF
<br />...why are Pedigree castings so much more expensive?

They are apparently made in Italy and anything imported from Europe is fairly expensive due to the strength of the Euro. Then there's the shipping costs, customs broker fees and I'm not sure what else. But, I don't think those things should make them 3X as expensive as other acrylic blanks. Maybe the Italians put a very high value on their products. They do have some some blanks where the premium may be worth it, I just haven't gotten to them yet. This one is for a customer who specifically requested it.

NavyDiver

Very nice looking pen - but not sure if it's worth the difference in price for the blank. I may need to examine it in person to make that determination [:D].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom