First Inlace Acrylester

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd_ab_penman

"Molten Metal" from William wood-write on a Sierra Upgrade Gold Ballpoint. Tricky stuff to drill and turn. Very easy to chip if chisels aren't razor sharp. Wet sanded to 12000 MM and polished with Brasso. Protective coat of Brazilian Caranuba.
As always comments welcome.

sierraballpointandmolteqk1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
That looks really nice. I hear a lot of people using metal polishes on the plastic stuff. Any idea what the micron size is on the abrasives, in comparison to white diamond, EEE, etc.? I've done a couple of those molten metal blanks, and it amazes me how different they all come out. Nice photo, too!

stevers

Thats a nice piece. I have no luck with acrylester. My tools aren't the best, so I get a lot of chip out. I steer away from the brittle stuff for now. Theres plenty of great stuff to play with without aggravating myself unnecessarily.

TAFFJ

Hi Les
This one I did yesterday out of the Molten metal blank from Woodwrite. I experienced similar problems! Sorry my photo is not of a very good quality!
HAPPY NEW YEAR from across the pond!
David

20071230165829_Molten%20metal.jpg

louisbry

Very nice pen and I agree about the Inlace Acrylester being difficult. I only have used them when the color I need is only available in Inlace Acrylester. They have a LSU purple I turned for my son-in-law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom