First home cast in a long time. Vertical finally!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

306778_389700151090056_725368566_n.jpg

Finally got set up to vertical cast, and had the supplies needed for it. Forgot how much I liked it. I didn't use enough activator for this particular resin, so it was too soft for a one piece Slimline. I was gonna make a huge billboard out of the blank. I managed a last second save by switching it to a bullet, I'm pretty happy with the swirl. Vertical cast with the baby soda bottles. This one stuck to the bottle, and I did a lot of damage to the "Unbreakable" bottle getting it out. I'm pretty sure it's still useable, I just need to hit the inside with non-stick spray. I plan on hitting the casting rig again after I wake back up. Been running for 22 straight hours off of maybe 5 hours of sleep.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Thanks! I think I need to move back into clear resin as soon as I can. This fiberglass resin I'm using has some quirks that are tricky to iron out. That being said, it's a lot cheaper.

Bobalu

Thanks! I think I need to move back into clear resin as soon as I can. This fiberglass resin I'm using has some quirks that are tricky to iron out. That being said, it's a lot cheaper.

I've got a nearly full gallon of Silmar 41 sitting here going to waste. We have to figure a way to meet up somewhere and put it in good hands before it goes bad.

Drstrangefart

I've got a nearly full gallon of Silmar 41 sitting here going to waste. We have to figure a way to meet up somewhere and put it in good hands before it goes bad.

I'll PM you on it.

Top Bottom