First home brewed resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from furini

furini

Hi all

Here's my first attempt at casting PR - having ditched the centre band yesterday today I ditched wood! This was fun to do. Didn't get the cast exactly as I wanted it but it finishes beautifully. MM to 12000 then two coats of car wax. The colour is more intense in real life...

DSC_0037.jpg

Custom made CB from black acrylic sheet I had lying about.

Close up for detail...

DSC_0037closeup.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be trying out the amber style cast I made today as well.

Not enough hours in the day!

Cheers

Stewart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

furini

Looks great mate.

I love the veining. How'd you get it to thin without mixing?

Russell.

A few minutes after the pink had been poured into the mould I drizzled in a small amount of resin coloured white but without catalyst in - this is how it came out...probably won't be able to do it again :rolleyes:

Cheers

Stewart

S

spiritwoodturner

Very nice, Stewart! And tell me that wasn't the most fun pen you've made to date. I'm casting 3 different resins right now, and it is WAYYY fun!

Dale

furini

oh, all right, Dale - it was indeed fun!!! Can't wait to mix up some more!!!!! Keep picking the pen up and putting it down over and over again but must sleep!! It's twelve thirty here and I need my rest for tomorrow's fun!!

Cheers

Stewart

PenAffair

I've got one in the pot too. Nothing too creative, someone just asked if I could do mother of pearl.

While it's setting, I'm trying to put a darn CA finish on a wooden pen. I'd much rather be casting than CA'ing that's for sure.

Russell.

Top Bottom