First Herringbone 360!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from glycerine

glycerine

I made this blank a few weeks ago and finally turned it last night. I've figured out the herringbone 360!

Attachments

• herringbonepen1.jpg
    herringbonepen1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 903
  • herringbonepen2.jpg
    herringbonepen2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 643

Rollerbob

Geez, can't believe nobody has asked the obvious question............where's the tutorial?:biggrin: Very nice job for sure!!:wink:

I like it!!!

I think the size of your pieces are better than the one I did. Mine were much too small so the wood detail didn't show.

Well done!

glycerine

I like it!!!

I think the size of your pieces are better than the one I did. Mine were much too small so the wood detail didn't show.

Well done!

I kept them fairly slim. I think they were not too much wider than 1/8 of an inch. Someone mentioned before that as you turn it the pieces will get "shorter", so if they are cut too wide, you'll end up with more of a square than a rectangle.

glycerine

Thanks again for the comments. Yes, it was satisfying. I like puzzles and without a tutorial, this was much like a puzzle for me. I love the way it looks and I think it will be a good seller once I actually get started selling some pens.
I'm curious from those that sell segmented pens, what would you charge for a herringbone design? I'm sure I was a little slow at it since it was my first, but I put many hours into it just making the blank...

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I didn't see this when you first posted it. Just saw it now on the home page. What a beautiful piece of work! Finely crafted woods and truestone combination is spectacular:good::good:

kirkfranks

Me 3 on missing it the first time around.
Glad this made the front page (congrats) so I can see it.

I really like what you did with the acrylic and two woods. Kind of makes it easier to see what is going on with the pattern than some all wood ones. Workmanship looks great.

Penl8the

Everyone please join the begging

Awesome pen. Absolutely beautiful!!!

I made this blank a few weeks ago and finally turned it last night. I've figured out the herringbone 360!

Yes, please do tell. Come on now everyone. Join the "begging".
reiepl
There's got to be a statue of limitation on "teasing" for those who have successfully figured this out.

Still, it is an amazing pen.

Geez, can't believe nobody has asked the obvious question............where's the tutorial?:biggrin: Very nice job for sure!!:wink:

glycerine

Thanks again for the comments! I was excited to log in this evening and see my pen on the main page!! As far as telling how it's done... I've been sworn to secrecy.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
A real beauty and well worthy of the cover shot:biggrin:

Please answer this question honestly.....

Don't you feel MUCH better and perhaps even a bit proud of yourself for figuring it out, rather than just following someone elses instructions:confused::biggrin:
I'm willing to bet that you are:biggrin: Well done!!!

Top Bottom