First Guardian Click in Chrome, and probably the last

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RSidetrack

RSidetrack

So interesting story with this pen. I was under the weather, really under the weather, but still tried to turn a pen. I managed to turn it, but then I would keep messing up the CA finish - losing grip of the paper towel, etc and end up sanding down to the point where I would have had to cast the blank in acrylic to have it work (which I tried and failed with tons of bubbles). So one blank down, next blank I caught a knot and tore the whole thing open. Frustrated I gave up until today when I felt better. Sorry about the pictures, the finish is a high gloss CA with 8 coats, but I have temporarily lost my photo booth :rolleyes:

Anyway - the reason I got this kit was in my last order I decided to get a bunch of new kits I haven't tried before. This kit does not appeal to me. Other people it may so if it sells I may do it again, but it just doesn't do it for me. The rubber grips are very poorly constructed, they are flimsy, don't fill in the grooves perfectly, move around, etc. The click mechanism seems cheap, I wouldn't doubt it if it gets broken some how through high use. Has anyone else tried this kit and had good success?

Edit: Forgot - aromatic cedar is the wood

Anyway, here are the pics!

Guardian-1.jpg

Guardian-2.jpg

Guardian-3.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RSidetrack

I showed this pen to a couple friends last night, they said the feel is great, but "My it is a large pen" :rolleyes: Who knows, maybe it will sell, only time will tell.

RSidetrack

I showed this to a few more people I work with and they really liked it. Even though it is fat, it writes very nice and feels good in the hand. A superior of mine used the words, "It writes nice and it gives you the feeling you are writing with authority" :rolleyes: Too bad none wanted to buy it though :frown:

I've turned (and sold) a small number of Guardian Jr's. Surprisingly, most sales were to females. More than one went to a customer with arthritus who liked the larger size, the grips and the fact that it's a click pen. Personally, I like the pen. I'm a click pen guy when I'm not using a fountain pen and although it's not my favorite (I prefer the Vertex over anything else) I do have one that I use for myself.

Mapster

I make many guardians and have only had one returned to me broken. They are a very durable kit and last a long time. I have had it jam a few times due to spring problems, but other than that they work! I have been using mine everyday (high school, gets used a LOT) since February and it is still working well. It has softened up slightly, but still works well. I highly recommend it

Top Bottom