First George Pen - Black Wattle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Krash

Krash

Well,I finally got the nerve to cut into one of George's Bits O' Timber. It had the number 16 on it so that translated to Black Wattle. It is finished in CA and augmented with a Classic Elite Rollerball.

Thanks George! You make beautiful blanks!

C and C welcome.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 223
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Kelly, that's a fantastic blank.....I really like looking at all the colors man....very cooool. Oh the is also very nice. Sorry it must be the meds. :biggrin:

robutacion

Well,I finally got the nerve to cut into one of George's Bits O' Timber. It had the number 16 on it so that translated to Black Wattle. It is finished in CA and augmented with a Classic Elite Rollerball.

C and C welcome.

Hahahaha mate, you got me worried, when I read Black Wattle, that ain't Black Wattle, far from it, is not even Australian grown wood, that blanks is one of these, post #15 show these but, as Resifills...!:wink::biggrin:

So, what did the number 16 mean...?
That number marked in white at the top of the blank, is the blank number from that batch, because these are sold individually, they are marked like that so that people can select the blanks they want from that batch, regardless if they are all cast in the same colour resin or have various colours in that batch.

The Amboyna burl or PNG Rosewood burl, are not listed on my "timbers list", this one is one of the few woods that I buy (Amboyna, Huon Pine burl, Truffle...!) from a friend, to try help him out...!

Thank you for the heads up, anyway...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Krash

C and C welcome.

Hahahaha mate, you got me worried, when I read Black Wattle, that ain't Black Wattle, far from it, is not even Australian grown wood, that blanks is one of these, post #15 show these but, as Resifills...!:wink::biggrin:

So, what did the number 16 mean...?
That number marked in white at the top of the blank, is the blank number from that batch, because these are sold individually, they are marked like that so that people can select the blanks they want from that batch, regardless if they are all cast in the same colour resin or have various colours in that batch.

The Amboyna burl or PNG Rosewood burl, are not listed on my "timbers list", this one is one of the few woods that I buy (Amboyna, Huon Pine burl, Truffle...!) from a friend, to try help him out...!

Thank you for the heads up, anyway...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Oh! My bad!

The Amboyna burl turned like butter .... verrrry easy with no problems. It sanded perfect. Great stuff!

This one is going into a church auction to support some missionaries. Gotta pay this one forward, right George?

Thanks again!

Top Bottom