First Gemini - First Bowling Ball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KKingery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

These are a couple of pics of the first Gemini pen from PSI. I made it using a Hunter Green Bowling Ball blank. They are both firsts for me. My daughter saw this pen in the catalog and just had to have one. Honestly, it may be just me, but this may also be the last one. Personally, this kit did'nt thrill me. Sorry for the low pic quality - I think it's time for a new camera.

2005211221132_Gemini.jpg

2005211221153_Gemini%20Sideview.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Very nice job, Ken. The more I see this pen, the more I like it in kinda of an "Annie Hall" funky way. I'd be willing to bet that it would be a hit with certain niche markets like colleges, artist communities and video game designers.

PenWorks

You did a great job on the pen Ken, but I agree with you on the kit, it's a little to frilly for me as well, but your daughter loves it and that's what counts. You have to please your customers. I'm sure she will have to wash that new truck a few times to pay for the pen. LOL

dougle40

Nice job Ken ! Funny but you see the pics in a catalog but you don't really appreciate one until you see just what can be done with it . I've never been a fan of that design either but this pen looks great .

G

Beautiful work!
I like the idea( I think) of a click style( Polaris,Gemini, Patriot) what ever you wan tto call them pens but I am not too sure of the Frou,Frou embellishments.
I can't decide if it reminds me of a2 snails,one going up ,one going down or the fact the clip has aJacques Cousteau kind of theme.
I think the metal parts distract the eye from the body of the pen rather than add to it.
Of course I have made a few that I considered "Butt Ugly" that sold like quicksilver.
Oh yeah, about the low picture qualit?
Yeah RIGHT!
I wish I could take pictures that bad.

Fred in NC

Nicely done, Ken!

The kit? Well, I agree with you and everyone else. Kind of "different" but some people will like it. I will probably make a couple of them, and put the the other "different" pens in my display. I bet they sell because they are different . . .

KKingery

Thanks for all the comments. I intended to make 2 of them - 1 for my daughter in Red bowling ball, and this green one for my wife. But of course, the red blank was dropped from my order because they were out of stock. So....daughter gets green, wife gets the Banksia vase I made, and I don't know what the heck to do with the other green one. (The bowling ball blanks from PSI are long enough to get 2 of these pens out of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom