First gator pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So I went slow and followed Ed's video tips. I must say everything went really well. I did paint the tube for lower barrel black and the upper tube fit snug so I used perm black marker on it. I did 15 coats med ca. I like the results and will be doing another one the next chance I get I think. This is on a chrome atrax rb. Sorry about the pics, wife moved the photo cube on me.

gatoratrax.png gatoatrax2.png

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Turned out nice Todd, you done a good job. Yep, the photo is a little blurred, but the blank and pen turned out good. I'm just glad it's not the mangrove blank, :biggrin: i should have mine done today and as yours, it will be a Atrax RB, but i might make it FP. :rolleyes: I like the Atrax's kits, it allows the blank to shine. Thanks for showing.

Last edited:

tkbarron

Great work Todd!

The second photo looks very clear and well defined. Maybe its just my shaky phone that brings it into focus. :rolleyes: That chrome was a very good choice btw.

Did you drill the blank on the lathe?

Tom

ToddMR

Yes, I did drill on the lathe. However my 1 12.5 bit didn't seem to drill good enough. I had to go back out and drill with my other bit to get the tube to fit into the hole.

Great work Todd!

The second photo looks very clear and well defined. Maybe its just my shaky phone that brings it into focus. :rolleyes: That chrome was a very good choice btw.

Did you drill the blank on the lathe?

Tom

Top Bottom