First full sized Gent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skye

Skye

After buying some bullet blanks from Gary Max, I learned I won the special prize of the day! GREAT looking blank, terrible looking pictures. Bolivian Rosewood Burl, full sized Gent kit in Rhodium.

gent1.jpg

gent2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Nothing wrong with the pic, it shows off the wood beautifully. You can even
see the chatoyance in it!

Nice!
I want it.

jttheclockman

Man is that a big pen Beautiful piece of wood and great finish on it. In your opinion how does it feel in your hand to write with???

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Plain wood pens normally don't rock my boat, but I have to admit that one is really beautiful.
And don't try kid us about the picture either:biggrin: Considering you are holding the pen in one hand and taking the pic with the other :eek:( I assume )
There are loads of us that can't get a sharp pic like that even with a tripod.:cool:

Skye

Heh, yeah I was holding my breath while I took the pic. Only spot with decent lighting in the house.

The pen feels great to me. I've got kinda small hands, but the length and weight of it feels a lot better in my hand than a Jr Gent or Baron, posted or unposted. Probably my new favorite pen even though the size of it is somewhat surprising.

Oh, and it'll be a RB because I don't plan on selling anything FP till I know them inside and out, and they're a bit of an art form.

Last edited:

Skye

Yep, CA. Forgot to mention that. Apparently I have a small dimple in the finish just above the centerband in the highlight. Funny what comes out under different lighting.

GouletPens

Well darn, Skye, now you've got something to show here. We can't bust on you for being all talk and no game:tongue:

Seriously though, nice looking pen. That thing is a mammoth! It's like writing with a firelog! I just got some Majestics and I think they're similar in size.....I saw the tubes and I was like "holy crap! I'm gonna have to go grap my auger to drill out for this sucker!"

Don't worry about the dimple in the CA either....after all, it just helps make it unique, right?:good:

Skye

Well, that's one way to put it, heh.

Yeah, I got a bit from a buddy, but the shank was over a 1/2" so I couldn't use it. Had to order one from Woodturningz but it got here quick and I was able to bang it out. Big pen but when the cap is removed I think it's a good size.

I turned a few bullet pens last night as well, I'll try to post them when I get back from the meet.

chriselle

Wow!! Class clown AND great pen turner.....who woulda thunk??

I'm with Skiprat, straight wood doesn't really float my boat these days but that is a damn nice chunk (and I mean CHUNK) of rosewood. Chicks dig dimples, too.:biggrin:

Skye

straight wood doesn't really float my boat these days

Believe me, with the segmentation that's going down on this forum, my eyes are somewhat spoiled as well. Should I ever get some real equipment around here I'm going to have to get with the program.

Grizz

Banned
That is one SWEET looking pen. Gotta love that grain. Nice form.... Sweet!!!!

GouletPens

This is probably really going to show my ignorance, but where is everyone getting this rosewood burl?? i've heard in the wind that someone here has some good stuff, but I'm ingorant to it. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom