First FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from larryc

larryc

I finished my first fountain pen today and I'm quite proud of it. (It's a Baron with Tiger Wood.)
I had some questions about the assembly so I called the kit vendor and although he stated that no one had ever called about his instructions on this pen before, he condescendingly walked me thru the assembly.
When I called him back to report that there was a missing part in the kit (end cap coupler) he informed me that since there was a five day period after the kit was received to report any missing or damaged parts I would have to pay to replace the missing part and the shipping even though it was only about fifteen days since I had received the kit. (Since I had ordered two identical kits I was able to obtain the missing part from the other kit.)
I sometimes buy kits weeks or months in advance of using them and in the case of a new (to me) kit I'm not familiar enough with all of the parts, etc. to possibly determine if there are missing or damaged parts until I am into the assembly stage.
Needless to say I will think very strongly about buying from this vendor again.

Attachments

• First-FP.jpg
    First-FP.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

Nice first fountain pen! Even with your assembly troubles, it looks like it worked out.

I might have a spare coupler at home -- I'll check tomorrow night and will PM you if I do. It's yours if I have one.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very nice looking pen...

You didn't say if its just your first one you made, or if its your first one to use as well. If you don't use fountain pens, I'd suggest using one. If you sell or give one away, it helps to be able to ask questions. Plus it gives you a good reason to keep your first :)

Using them is definitely a switch (at least it was for me). My first suggestion is to toss the ink that came with the kit and use some good ink.

juteck

juteck said:
I might have a spare coupler at home -- I'll check tomorrow night and will PM you if I do. It's yours if I have one.

Larry - is it the silver threaded fitting on the left of this photo that you need, or the black press fitting with internal and external threads? Please PM me with the part(s) you need and your address and I'll get it in the mail to you.

Attachments

• image-3167535281.png
    image-3167535281.png
    824.5 KB · Views: 107
Top Bottom