First fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jrc

jrc

White Oak Burl

20084819435_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Very nice! Good old American Oak doesn't get a fair shot when it comes to pens. I've made a few and think it's beautiful wood.:)

jrc

It does look like crotch wood but it was a small burl that I might get 6 pens from it. Red & white oak burl is my favorite. I also have some very nice sugar maple burl drying that will look as good as the oak. I just picked up my lilac today, I owe a couple people here some and will send it out soon after I get back home. Starting tomorrow morning I'll be offline till the 16th

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That's a beautiful piece of wood Jim ! Lovely pen . Great photo . Get back online as quick as you can . I want to see more ! [8D]

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Great pen, I like the matte finish. Was that intentional or just looked so good you did not want to mess with it? [}:)]:D

csb333

That is a really great looking piece of wood! I especially like the part on the barrel! I would not have put that wood on an emperor but that just shows you that I'm the dumb one! - Chris

jrc

When I started making pens I use to spend way to much time trying to use the right wood for each different styles and finish. Now I do the any many miny mo trick and now they all come out perfect. In the begining I could make a pen that I did not think the wood would go well with the kit and finish and that would be the first one I sold. If you worry about something to long you will never make the right choice.

Top Bottom