First fountain pen....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John M

John M

This is my first one, a guy at work wanted one so I made it for him for cost plus 5 bucks just so I could make one and not have it sit around. It was fun. It is an El Grande and a black and orange blank. Took some "tuning" to get it to right, if you want to call my work on it tuning, but it does write nice, I have never used a fountain pen before. Comments are welcome, I would like to do nicer ones with nicer nibs in the future, but dont want to mess up that much money.

Attachments

• CIMG0176.jpg
    CIMG0176.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 251
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John M

I really like the Fountain Pens, they look very "rich". I dont know why but they seem intimidating, but it is just like any other pen as far as making it.

bitshird

John, I hate to tell you, but Fountain Pens don't sit around near as long as you might think, and a pen like that should fetch around 80 bucks or better even here in the wilderness where people still scratch messages in the dirt with sticks, in a real place you should be able to get a hundred or better.

John M

How good are these tips in these pens? ( I know they are bottom of the barrel, but just for conversational sake) I keep hearing about lous fountain tips, If I were to sell something for some good money would I want to change out the tip? As you can see in the pick, I had put ink in it and was writing with it, everytime I try to wipe off the ink on the tip, it just fills the rag and leave some on the tip, I try to be careful and wipe it off, but if you just touch that little slit, the ink flows out and you have to start over again.

Top Bottom