First Fountain / First TruStone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gagler

Gagler

I received this blank with 9 other Tru Stone blanks from Richard (randbcrafts) as part of the Birthday Bash drawing - lucky me! unfortunately, as it does for most of us time has slipped and i just now had a chance to turn one of them.

After seeing many of the TruStone pens here and the kits they were assembled with, I decided to do this one on my first fountain pen, a Jr. gent. Richard told me the material was a little hard and I would need to sharpen a few times; seems like I sharpened about ever 73 seconds, but it was well worth it! These TruStone blanks polish up real nice!

Thanks again to Richard for donating these nice blanks!

As always, your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Michael

Attachments

• TruStone capped 1.jpg
    TruStone capped 1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 257
  • TruStone uncapped 2.jpg
    TruStone uncapped 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TX_Planes

Looks great! Nice matching blank with gold! That looks like one of the dino blanks. I am going to have to add it to my shopping list of blanks.

How did you finish the blank? MM?

sefali

Wow! Makes me wonder why we don't see more Tru Stone pens. I love that blank, and the match to the kit color. Your fit and finish are none too shabby, either. Thanks for sharinfg.

bitshird

Beautiful pen Michael, since I know a way to avoid sharpening, when I get back to speed, I'm going to buy some tru stone, your pen I think is one of the prettiest I've seen, I like it better than the Malachite or the dark blue Lapis.

Gagler

All-

Thanks for the comments, it makes me feel good coming from such an esteemed group!

TX Planes - after turning, I followed RIchard's advice for finishing; regular sandpaper through 600, then I used a little 0000 steel wool, then wet sanded micromesh through 12,000. Richard recommended a polish after the micromesh, but I don't have any - it is still silky smooth!

Now, just 9 more to go and a new grinding wheel......

Top Bottom