First Few Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ColinH60

ColinH60

These are the first few pens that I have made. All are slimline. :)

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Hi Colin,

Congrats on your first few pens.

What inspired you to do the designs like that? Which one is your favorite so far?

I'm more of a straight barrel guy myself, but the slim certainly gives some creative opportunity.

ColinH60

Hi Colin,

Congrats on your first few pens.

What inspired you to do the designs like that? Which one is your favorite so far?

I'm more of a straight barrel guy myself, but the slim certainly gives some creative opportunity.

Hi,

Thanks. I'm not really sure. I started out just turning on a scrap piece of wood practicing beads and coves and when I tried a pen I was used to making the beads and coves so I tried to incorporate that into my design for the pen. I'm still trying to figure out the perfect spots for the coves so its more comfortable to write with but my favorite so far would probably have to be the middle one because that's my latest one so far and I like how it turned out.

OZturner

Congratulations on taking your first step in making pens.

With the exception of the Purple one, to me the others are too ornate, they look more like Chair legs or spindles, not Pens.

Call me old fashioned, but I like a pen to show off the timber or material, as well as the skill of the turner, importantly it has to convince me to want to pick it up, try the balance, the feel and comfort, and the want to use it to write.

I wrestled for quite a while, whether to make these comments.
But you have shown considerable turning skill in your work, that deserves to be recognised and acknowledged.

Having said that, I think you have gotten carried away a little trying to display your skill as a turner. Please pull back with the beads and coves, and let your obvious skill and the material shine through with your pens.

I look forward to seeing your second posting.

Top Bottom