First Fancy Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Katsin

Katsin

Here is my first attempt at a fancy pen. A Junior Gentleman Titanium in white pearl acrylic. Sanding to 12k with MM and plastic polish ever so lightly applied for fear of it ruining the work.

pen09b.jpg

pen09a.jpg

I tried painting the inside of acrylic blank which worked very well to hide the brass tube. Despite bringing the blank down to the bushings, I did find that the blank is just a bit thicker than the trim piece on the end of the pen. Is this normal? I used Majestic Jr. bushings so perhaps that had an effect...

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

lwalden

I tried painting the inside of acrylic blank which worked very well to hide the brass tube. Despite bringing the blank down to the bushings, I did find that the blank is just a bit thicker than the trim piece on the end of the pen. Is this normal? I used Majestic Jr. bushings so perhaps that had an effect...Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.[/QUOTE]

Nice looking pen, I love the look of that blank! As to the size difference, it is as a result of using the Jr Majestic bushings- those are both .512" for the lower barrel. On the Jr Gent/Statesman/Retro, the nib end of the lower barrel is a .512" as well, but the other end of the lower barrel is .480".

Top Bottom