First ever pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from loydstuts

loydstuts

After months of dreaming, hoping, planning, lurking, drooling, etc., etc., I finally turned my first pen. It is a slimline with a snakeskin top, and walnut body. I need to thank so many people, I can't remember them all, but here goes... Harry, Tom, Kenny, Larry, and all the guys from the North Texas chapter. Without your encouragement, I may very possibly lost interest. Not gonna happen now, I'm HOOKED!! To whoever put the snake skin blanks into the blank drawing, I hope I did you proud. Clark, my grandson is still talking about the blanks from Corpus Christi..The body is from you. Thanks for your generosity. Somewhere alonr the line, I bought some practice blanks, and the slim line kit was included. Thank you so very much. Most importantly, thanks to ALL the members of IAP. I have learned so much by reading your posts, and taking note of your advice. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It takes a community to raise a penturner. Thanks for being there.

Now, critisim, I know it's a little proud, but I wasn't sure how much I'd lose in the sanding process. Lesson learned. If you see anything else, give me a holler. Be blessed each and every one of you.

I'm having trouble uploading the picture. Will close this out and try to post separately.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

loydstuts

image.jpg

Cmiles1985

I like the pairing of the snakeskin and walnut! About the only thing I could suggest from the photo is a little more buffing on the acrylic portion. As for size, it was just stated in another thread that being a little proud of the fittings is far less noticeable than being undersized.

You are very welcome for the blanks! I hope you and your grandson get to use them for some good fun in the shop.

Have a great Father's Day!

BSea

That's a great 1st effort. I'd have never had the nerve to turn a snakeskin blank for my 1st pen. And based on my 1st pen I made the right decision:rolleyes:.

Having a meeting to attend really helps keeping you motivated. While seeing videos, and step by step procedures in the library help, nothing beats live demos with a little hands on. Plus you make a lot of new friends.

Top Bottom