First ever 'non-slimlines'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chrome

Chrome

Only been making pens for a couple of months, produced about 25 in all. As you will see I like experimenting...

Here are my first pens that are not slimline... Bocote, Paduk and one of my first ever batch successfully cast resin blanks, produced a few weeks ago (done a lot of casting since then). The resin one is a 24kt Gold Americana Fountain Pen. The middle one (Paduk) is an Ink Rollerball. All finished with CA & Hut polishes.
icon_smile.gif

7357529082_60ebaf3c9e_c.jpg

7357528640_ec46cecc42_c.jpg

And here is an unusual slimline from my first blank cast in clear resin... the tubes were covered in coloured matchsticks first then cast in clear (in my home-made 'resin saver' molds before turning.

7357528064_0679a4cc74_c.jpg

I would appreciate any comments.

Cheers, Chrome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dustygoose

I like the size of the Americana. There are some who don't like the size of larger pens. It looks to me that your finish is very nice. Also, I see that you are just a little proud (oversize) where the cap meets the threaded coupler.

If these still need the material removed all the way to the tube. Use calipers to match that part to the coupler. I did the same on the first 2 I did. Now I own calipers...lol

Top Bottom