First European pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Marc Phillips

Bethlehem Olive Wood, with a Cross clip.... CA finish

Never knew these were such a pain to do! ... probably be a lot easier doing the next ones though...

EuropeanBOW3-19-08.jpg

EuropeanBOW3-19-08-2.jpg

EuropeanBOW3-19-08-3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grub32

I have to say Marc that it is one of the most beautiful I have seen. The grain is amazing. Nice Work!!

Grub32

karlkuehn

Banned
Beauty, Marc! Love that BOW! The European is actually one of my fave pens to make, but they sucked at first, I kept screwing up the tenons. Did you buy the adjustable bushing for the middle? Makes life a lot easier - you just loosen the allen grub screw after you turn the blank, and slide the outer bushing back, exposing the tenon bushing underneath. :) Nice work sir! :)

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Beauty, Marc! Love that BOW! The European is actually one of my fave pens to make, but they sucked at first, I kept screwing up the tenons. Did you buy the adjustable bushing for the middle? Makes life a lot easier - you just loosen the allen grub screw after you turn the blank, and slide the outer bushing back, exposing the tenon bushing underneath. :) Nice work sir! :)

Thanks.... I haven't heard of the adjustable bushing... and I will probably be making more of these since they are (at least) the right size pen... you know, bigger than a slimline and smaller than a cigar :D

Thanks for the tip... I'll go see what I can find.

altaciii

NICE!!!!! I have turned the Euro since I started it is one of my favorite pens and they sell real well. The tenon bushing is sold by ernie at beartooth woods and also at woodcraft. It really does make things a lot easier.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by altaciii

NICE!!!!! I have turned the Euro since I started it is one of my favorite pens and they sell real well. The tenon bushing is sold by ernie at beartooth woods and also at woodcraft. It really does make things a lot easier.

Thank you... saved me a lot of looking!

I can tell you who DON'T carry it!

MarkHix

Pretty pen. I like the euro too. I solved the tenon problem by using a tenoning tool and doing it first w/o the bushing that covers the tenon. When I get the tenon turned, I put the bushing on the tennon and use a larger bushing to hold it in place. Works for me.

Top Bottom