Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 4reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

4reel

200623193748_Mango_Emporer.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Nice...can you please tell us what wood you used and the finish?

My Emperor's are still in their boxes [:D]...can't quite decide which blank to use on them yet.

JimGo

Is that she-oak? just a SWAG. Looks pretty nice! I agree with Billy, I think the gold might have looked better, but it's still a nice looking pen.

vick

I am betting Mango.

By the way I cheated and did a save as on the picture to see if the wood name was part of the file name.[}:)]

angboy

Originally posted by vick
<br />I am betting Mango.

By the way I cheated and did a save as on the picture to see if the wood name was part of the file name.[}:)]

That was a slick trick Mike! You shouldn't have fessed up so quickly though- you should have let us marvel at your expertise for awhile! It is very pretty wood- don't think I'd seen a pen made of mango before.

4reel

I made the pen out of Mango, I picked it up when we were in Hawaii. It is one of my favorite woods, it has orange white black etc.
As far as Gold or Silver, I like light woods for silver and Gold for darker woods. I cannot disagree that it would look better one way or another just personal preference. That's how we can all make different pens. Thanks for all the replies much appreciated

airrat

Looks good, however its a little small to see detail. Might try posting a 2nd picture in the future. Make it a close up with all the "accents" cut out. Just center/focus on the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom