First Emperor and a Segmented pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Finally turned an Emperor ....I've got several more kits but can't decide what material to use with them! The Segmented pen is my second I was really pleased with the way it came out!
Bois De Rose/ spray acrylic finish
2006219224245_EmperorRosewood.jpg

Culrly Maple/Bloodwood/African Blackwood/CA finish
2006219224312_CigarCheckerPadMapGood.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Thanks everyone. Serge I cut the Blackwood myself on my miter saw using a thin kerf, super sharp Freud blade. It's just a hair over a 1/16 thick. And yes I still have all my fingers. I made a small jig to clamp to the bed of the saw and use an adjustable stop to control the thickness I want. I cut the angle pieces for the glue-up the same way numbering em as I go.

Ron Mc

Mike,
I was flipping threw the pen pics this morning and couldn't resist a comment here. Great job on the segmented Cigar! Your lines line up beautifully and I'm sure the design (if looking at it head on) is fantastic.
Wonderful job. Thank-You for sharing it.

mick

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Mike,
Wow, those are gorgeous. Great job with the segmenting. That Bois de Rose is a dream to turn isn't it?!
Rob
Rob it was great to turn and has fantastic color ....I'm gonna have to get some more from you soon!

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Mike,
I was flipping threw the pen pics this morning and couldn't resist a comment here. Great job on the segmented Cigar! Your lines line up beautifully and I'm sure the design (if looking at it head on) is fantastic.
Wonderful job. Thank-You for sharing it.

Ron I gotta admit...the idea came from one of your pens. [:D] I think it was one of your segmented Sierras. I bought the blanks off of eBay right before you started selling them. My next one to try is to get some of your layered blanks and try a minature checkerboard!

nilsatcraft

I love the look of that Emperor- a simple dark wood really compliments the parts on the kit. Well done. The segmented work came out awesome, too. It's always gratifying to see a segmented piece come out well like that.

woodwish

Both are very nice but I really like the segmented one. I am usually not a fan of segmented pens but that one is nice, looks quality instead of just glued-up wood like so many do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom