First Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from UKpenmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKpenmaker

My First Emporer, in Alternative Ivory.
This is my trail run for a pen which i will make for my step brother's wedding in September (thought i start early, too get it right[:p])

2006115141430_Emperor.jpg

A question for those who do or know about Laser engraving, does this material engrave easily? I may want to put their intials with a gold infill on the pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Andrew, Which alternitive ivory are you using, the round bars imported from Germany or the blanks from Craft Supply? Both should be engravable but I've only had experence with the imported type. Tom (Griz) did a Jade pen of the imported type and he had it engraved, it turned out beautiful. Look in his album, I believe that he has a photo of it there.

You did a nice job on the pen, the Emperor is my absolute favorite kit, they don't get any better.

Wayne

UKpenmaker

Wayne, These are round bars (1 x6) bought from CSUSA #080-4625. Thi sis only my first Emperor but i too really like them now. [:D]

Frank, I just thought that i would have a go at an Emperor to see if i could manage it OK [:p]. I have read that most engravers prefer the pen not to be assembled before engraving. So thats what i will do if i decide to get one engraved. Thanks for the info.

GaWoodworker

You've sold me on the Emprorer's Pen. I'll have to try these out now that I have seen how good they can look. I wouldn't have thought to picked white but it is a perfect match. Looks like a good wedding pen.

laserturner

Andrew,
The CSUSA alt. ivory engraves extremely well. I did some engraving on 1 last week.
Also, if I'm wrapping an image or photo around a pen I'll ask that the pen be sent finished but not assembled because it has to be mounted on a special jig. Other than that, 90% of the pens I receive for engraving are already assembled.
BTW, nice job on the Emporer.
Ken

nilsatcraft

I agree about the combination- that's one sharp pen. It has class written all over it. The blank and kit go great together. Nice turning and selection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom