First Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from airrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

Here is my first Emperor completed. Cherry from Dario.

20051227191328_Cherry%20Emperor%20II.jpg

20051227191339_Cherry%20Emperor%20III.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jpick22

Beautiful presentation, Tom - and your pen is equally well done. In particular, the sharpness of your photo is far above average. I would be most interested in a brief verbal description of your set up - and the camera you used.

Thanks so much,
Jay

UKpenmaker

Very nice pen, the wood compliments the kit very well. Lovely job.

Could you please tell me which mandrel this kit is turned on A ro B[?]. I am getting some of these kits to make some wedding pens for my step brother
and would like to know if i need to get another mandrel, i only have the A.

Cheers Andrew

airrat

It is turned on an "A" mandrel.

My photo set up is not very impressive. I use a digital camera set to 3.1 mega pix. The background is a pen case I got from Anthony (Pen Works) he had a couple laying around.

I open the garage door about 1/2 way. Camera is on a tripod. I was looking for a way to keep the glare and "white noise (not sure what to really call it)" down. Changed the setting to -0.3 or -0.7 OEM. NO Flash. On the computer I just adjust the auto levels on lighting. My wife says she does not notice a difference when I do it but I notice a slight change.

A photographer was telling me if I need to use the flashto just hang a piece of sheer cloth over it. That will diffuse the light enought to keep the glare/burn spots down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom