First Ebonite and First Closed End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I thought it was time to try a closed end pen. I don't think a better blank could have been chosen for this project. I like how ebonite turns, but I'm glad there was a vaccuum present for the odor! It started out with the Jr. Gent components and the centerband was ground off. This was micromeshed, shined with scratch remover and finished off with Ren Wax. Any comments or ideas with this pen concept would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• P7020564.jpg
    P7020564.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 181
  • P7020566.jpg
    P7020566.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 155
  • P7020567.jpg
    P7020567.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 152
  • P7020568.jpg
    P7020568.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 166
  • P7020569.jpg
    P7020569.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Any comments or ideas with this pen concept would be appreciated. Thanks!

Seeing as you asked for ANY comments, please don't be upset with mine:wink:
When it's closed I think it looks superb and you have one of the nicest finishes I've ever seen on ebonite. But ( there's always a but isn't there?:wink:) I don't like the transition from nib to blank ( too big a step for me).

I would have kept the cap cb, but left off the black ring and loose metal ring. I would have also kept the body trim ring as this then takes two smaller steps instead of the one big one.

But if I didn't like it all, then I wouldn't have commented so please don't be offended by my taste:)

Buzzzz4

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm not afan of that big step either, and I'm tossing around ways to make that step more gradual. My next will incorporate some of these suggestions. I appreciate it, Steve.

Thanks!

Seeing as you asked for ANY comments, please don't be upset with mine:wink:
When it's closed I think it looks superb and you have one of the nicest finishes I've ever seen on ebonite. But ( there's always a but isn't there?:wink:) I don't like the transition from nib to blank ( too big a step for me).

I would have kept the cap cb, but left off the black ring and loose metal ring. I would have also kept the body trim ring as this then takes two smaller steps instead of the one big one.

But if I didn't like it all, then I wouldn't have commented so please don't be offended by my taste:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom